Yogurt is fermented milk that contains many good bacteria. Yogurt is the powerhouse of protein, vitamins, minerals and calcium. Regular consumption of yogurt is good for your teeth and bones. Healthy bacteria i.e., the probiotics is mainly found in yogurt. These probiotics regulates the digestive system and keeps the gut healthy. It also prevents gas, bloating, diarrhea and constipation.
Health Benefits Of Yogurt
Here are some of the most important health benefits of yogurt:
1. Loaded With B12: Vitamin B12 is found naturally in yogurt. Vitamin B2 is essential for healthy nerves, eyes, and skin. Strict vegetarians who avoid all animal products can get their B12 from yogurt. Daily consumption of yogurt can aid in the prevention of B12 deficiencies. Fruit-flavored yogurts are high in sugar, so choose plain yogurt and add your own fruit.
2. Oral Health: Yogurt is high in calcium which helps to keep your teeth strong. It helps gums to stay healthy. It also balances acids in the mouth and fights bad breath. A Japanese study of 1,000 adults revealed that the healthiest gums were found in those that ate the most yogurt.
3. Helps Digestion: Yogurt is loaded with active bacterial strains and hence it is easy to digest. The probiotics in yogurt regulates digestion especially helpful for people who suffer from irritable bowel syndrome. Regular consumption of yogurt reduces bloating and regularize bowel function.
4. Boosts Immunity: The extra bacteria or probiotics in yogurt strengthen your immune system. The lactic acid bacteria in yogurt prevents cancer, infections, gastrointestinal diseases and asthma. Regular consumption of daily and fresh yogurt boosts your immune system.
5. Stronger Bones: Calcium and vitamin D are essential for reducing the risk of osteoporosis. Yogurt supplies the required amount of calcium and vitamin D that is essential for stronger bones.
6. Helps Weight Loss: Yogurt can give you flat abs. The good bacteria present in yogurt helps in promoting digestion and helps metabolism become faster which keeps you feeling full longer which means that losing weight can be possible as well.
7. Prevents Vaginal Infections: A majority of women get infection because of fungi. Eating yogurt that is rich in live cultures of lactobacillus acidophilus, a natural, “friendly” bacteria, kills yeast and may help prevent yeast infections.
8. Prevents Colon Cancer: The probiotic bacteria in yogurt is good for colon health as it balances the intestinal flora and prevents the colonization of potential pathogens.
9. Lower Cholesterol: Fat free yogurt help the liver to take (bad cholesterol) LDL cholesterol that contains live active cultures or plant stanols for the best cholesterol-lowering potential. A recent study showed that there is some experimental proof to suggest that byproducts of lactobacilli fermentation (which is what turns milk into yogurt) inhibit the body’s ability to make cholesterol. Consume two daily doses of a probiotic to lower your cholesterol-bearing molecules in the blood as well as “bad” and total cholesterol.
10. Muscle Recovery: Yogurt is one of the high protein food for optimal muscle recovery. The protein in yogurt provides the required amino acids necessary for muscles to repair themselves. The nutrients present in yogurt provides essential carbohydrates and proteins that the body can assimilate for muscle repair. Yogurt definitely is a great source of carbohydrates.
Keep fit and fuel yourself right for every workout!
Please like us on facebook https://www.facebook.com/Wikidok360/
Thank you for taking your time for reading this post and if you found interesting or useful information, share them with your family, friends and colleagues, because maybe they will benefit from this information too.We appreciate your support by sharing this free information.