10 reasons to eat walnuts every day
10 reasons to eat walnuts every day!
Walnuts are edible seeds from the trees of the Juglans genus, they belong to the tree nut family, along with pecans, pine nuts, Brazil nuts, cashews, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts and pistachios. Walnuts are single-seeded fruits , they are round in shape. Walnuts are one among the oldest tree grown by man, with their importance being highlighted back in 7000 B.C.
Walnuts have always been considered as ‘Brain Food’, because the surface structure of the walnut has a distinct appearance like that of the brain. There are two types of walnuts-black and normal brownish, both types are loaded with health benefits. Walnuts can help you to lose weight by burning fat and may even lower depression risk.
Health benefits of Walnuts
1. Heart Health: Walnuts are rich in omega-3 and have a very good source of monounsaturated fatty acids (72%) like oleic acid, they are very beneficial to the cardiovascular system. Walnuts have unusually high level of vitamin E in the form of gamma-tocopherol. This gamma-tocopherol form of vitamin E has been found to provide significant protection from heart problems. Regular consumption of walnuts lowers bad cholesterol (LDL) and increases level of good cholesterol (HDL). It is better to consume around 25 grams of walnuts which in turn lowers the risk of high blood pressure and heart diseases.
2. Improve Immune System : Walnut is an excellent food for boosting immune system. The antioxidant properties in walnut enhances the immune system and protect against ageing, cancer and neurological disorders. Particularly, in changing seasons when there is high probability of catching flu and cold you should add walnuts to your diet. Walnuts will keep the immune system healthy and protect you from catching these diseases.
3. The Best Brain Food: Are you going nuts for brain health? The brain requires nutrients just like your heart, lungs or muscles do. Walnuts are best brain food. Researchers from Harvard found that eating nuts was strongly correlated with longevity.The omega-3 fatty acids present in the walnuts are also good for the brain. Low omega-3 intake can be linked to depression and cognitive degeneration. Walnuts can improve your memory. Walnuts slowed or prevented the progression of Alzheimer’s disease.
4. Stop Tumor Growth and Kill Cancer Cells Naturally: Walnuts fit into a cancer-preventive diet. Walnuts inhibit cancer development, slow its growth, and kill cancer cells. In 2015, a Dutch study of 120,000 men and women between the ages of 55-69 found that those who ate about half a handful of walnuts each day were less likely to die from cancer than those who consumed no nuts or seeds.
5.Fighting Inflammation in a Nut Shell: The anti-inflammatory omega 3 fatty acids present in the walnut have shown significant result in treating arthritis, autoimmune diseases, and other inflammatory diseases.
6. Eat This Nut, Build Your Bones: The anti-inflammatory nutrients in walnuts play a special role in supporting bone health. Walnuts contain an essential fatty acid called alpha-linolenic acid. This acid makes the bones stronger.Walnuts are also a good source of the mineral copper and manganese. Deficiency in copper leads to lower bone mineral density and an increased risk of osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is a condition where bones easily get fractured or even break. Magnesium is important for bone formation as it helps with the absorption of calcium into the bone.
7. Good Digestion: Walnuts are rich in fiber, they are a great way to keep your digestive system healthy. Everyone of us require fiber on a daily basis to keep their bowels functioning correctly. Most sources of protein, such as meat and dairy, are lacking in fiber. So, you can get both the protein benefits and fiber benefits at the same time by eating walnuts. Regular consumption of walnuts heal inflamed intestinal tissue and improves the digestive tract for more effective assimilation and elimination.
8. Kill Fungal Infections: Black walnut hulls are used to treat ringworm and yeast infections of the skin. Walnut also cures candida growth in the digestive system. Black walnut has been shown to be more effective against Candida than any antiviral drug.
9. Beautiful Skin: Walnuts are good for the skin as they are packed with B-vitamins.Walnuts contains omega-3 fatty acids that helps lock-in moisture and nutrients in the skin, making it plump and glowing. Consuming few nuts a day prevents your skin from free radical damage and prevents wrinkles and signs of ageing.
10. Healthier Hair: Walnuts are loaded with nutrients like potassium, and omega-3, omega-6 and omega-9 fatty acids. All these nutrients strengthens the hair follicles. Regular intake of walnuts helps to overcome all the hair related problems such as dandruff, bald head and hair loss.It is better to consume internally and apply externally to keep your hair healthy and glowing.
It is very easy to add walnuts to your diet. You can toss it in salads, add it to your hot and cold cereals, dishes, soups, baked goodies. Although it is packed-full of benefits, it is better to consume a minimal amount every day.
Please like us on facebook https://www.facebook.com/Wikidok360/
Thank you for taking your time for reading this post and if you found interesting or useful information, share them with your family, friends and colleagues, because maybe they will benefit from this information too.We appreciate your support by sharing this free information.